Shocking: Pastor Kayanja Was Part of WhatsApp Group Used to Exchange Bumshafting Videos, Forensic expert reaffirms court


On Thursday, May 21, 2026, Mwanga II Magistrate’s Court in Mengo formally discharged police forensic analyst Enock Kaneene after both the prosecution and defence concluded their examination of the digital evidence expert in the ongoing case of city pastor Robert Kayanja of Rubaga Miracle Centre Church  and nine men accused in a bumshafting-related matter.

Kanene was released as a witness following a tense court session dominated by disagreements between Chief State Attorney Jonathan Muwaganya and defence lawyers from Ojambo & Ojambo Advocates over allegedly deleted video files linked to pastor Kayanja's personal phone number.

During re-examination by the defence, Kanene reaffirmed to court that forensic analysis established there had been an exchange of video files between Reagan Ssentongo (A1) and the contact saved as “Mzee,” in A1's handset, which the expert later on confirmed to be registered in the names of Robert Kayanja.

He told court that some of the alleged videos were later deleted from the sender’s (Kayanja) side, but he managed to retrieve traces of the video files during digital extraction.

However, Kanene clarified that although the files were recovered, they could not be visualized or played successfully when opened, making it impossible for him to establish the exact content contained in the videos.

His testimony appeared to counter claims previously published by some pro-Kayanja media outlets alleging there was never any photos or videos being sent from the pastor’s side to Ssentongo.

The issue immediately triggered sharp disagreement in court, with Muwaganya objecting to the line of re-examination, arguing that questions regarding deleted outgoing videos from Kayanja’s number had not formed part of his earlier cross-examination and therefore should not have been revisited by the defence.

The prosecutor then demanded that Kanene demonstrate before court how investigators concluded that the deletions had originated from Kayanja's side and not from Ssentongo’s device.

Defence lawyers however, strongly objected, arguing that the prosecution had already completed its cross-examination and couldn't reopen fresh questioning through objections raised during re-examination by the Ojambo & Ojambo lawyers.

The disagreement forced  Magistrate Adams Byarugaba to intervene and make a ruling on the matter, where he allowed limited examination on the disputed issue and directed Kanene to explain the forensic basis of his findings before court.

Following the ruling, Kanene displayed portions of the recovered WhatsApp chats between Ssentongo and Kayanja, including alleged deleted video files. He attempted to open the files before court, but the videos failed to play or visualize.

Kanene nevertheless maintained that forensic indicators showed file transmission had taken place before deletion.

He also told court that he had recovered a previously deleted WhatsApp group allegedly involving Kayanja and several other individuals such as Fred Kisitu, Knock, a number under High way of Holiness Miracle Centre, etc. According to the forensic expert, members of the group exchanged ponogrphic and sodomy-related videos, photographs and messages.

Post a Comment

0 Comments